History and Purpose
Founded on May 3, 1974, SCCASP is an affiliate of the California Association of School Psychologists (CASP). SCCASP is a membership organization for school psychologists in Santa Clara County and surrounding counties.
- To promote and advance quality education through the dissemination of information on educational issues and psychological research.
- To assist in the development of sound educational practices in the total school program.
- To provide meaningful and effective in-service education programs for the membership group.
- To promote and adhere to the highest standards of ethics in the profession of school psychology.
- To provide channels through which those engaged in psychological services can discuss matters pertaining to the organization and administration of pupil services and the improvement of professional practices.